Sunday, May 20, 2007

RACE: City Duathlon 2007


Had a restless sleep. Pre-race anxiety. 6am took a cab down to the race venue. First time race so very blur. See how ppl arrange their bikes and stuff on the steel post and copy cat. Last minute had to find toilet, cause didnt manage to empty earlier.

On the way back went to get my glasses clean by the Oakley mei-meis. They wanted my particulars and tel no. but I am already married so wasted lah. Went into the transition area for a final check before heading to the start point. The juniors are already ending their race by 8am.

The first 5km, I did around 26min, the second lap around 39min had to stop for a toilet break at Clarke Quay. By the end of the first run leg, it was already very sunny. Took my own sweet time at the transition area to consume gel, put on gloves and helmet, drink and wash up a bit.

The bike leg was very haphazard. Had to near accidents. First time is converge into 1 lane from 2 and I almost smash into a barrier. Swered right sharply and the big cluster of bikers drafting almost hit me. The second time is I was zoning out during a 90 deg turn and had to ebrake to avoid hitting the curb. Someone put a dead bird on the cycling lanes. Nasty. By the end of the bike leg my watch timing is 3:06.

When I put my bike down, I could hardly walk. Began to slow walk out of the transition area and did a really slow pace jog until after the turning point, then increase my pace a little, and a final dash across the finishing line. The clock showed 3:38 and I have no idea what time the clock started. So far I assume it start at 0800 at the Men's Open 20-29 Wave. Run 10km Bike 40km Run 5km

ChampionChip Timing Run1 01:06:31 Bike 01:56:29 Run2 00:37:01 Finish 03:40:00

No comments: